Training Services Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 v5 – Internal Auditor Training Course
Gain the knowledge and skills to perform internal audits of Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) with the FSSC 22000 v5 internal auditor training course from SGS.
FSSC 22000 v5 provides a complete approach for the auditing and certification of food safety which provides an opportunity to integrate with other management systems, such as quality management systems.
As we are an FSSC Licensed Training Organization, this course has been approved by FSSC 22000. It provides you with knowledge and skills required to perform an internal audit of part of an FSMS against FSSC 22000 v5 and ISO 22000:2018, in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 and ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 as applicable.
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the structure of FSSC v5 and the role of internal audits in the maintenance and improvement of food safety standards
- Explain the prerequisite programs (PRPs) and additional requirements of FSSC v5
- Recognize the process-based FSMS model for ISO 22000, with reference to the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, and the role of internal audits in the maintenance and improvement of an FSMS
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit as part of a FSMS based on FSSC V5, ISO 22000 and in accordance with ISO 19011
You will need to demonstrate acceptable performance in these areas to complete the course successfully.
Learners who attend the full duration of the course will be issued with a “Certificate of Attendance”. Learners taking the eLearning version of the course will be required to complete the entire course and gain a pass mark of 60% or more in the final assessment. Upon successful completion, learners will be able to download a “Certificate of Completion”.
Before starting this course, learners are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle
- Food safety management concepts, including HACCP, hazard analysis, hazard and risk assessment and management, and the relationship between food safety management, customer satisfaction and customer food safety requirements
- Commonly used food safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 22000 and FSSC v5
- The requirements of FSSC V5 and ISO 22000 which may be gained by completing a foundation training course or equivalent
This course covers:
- Introduction to FSSC 22000 v5
- Audit definition, types and principles
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors
- The audit process
- Preparing for an internal audit
- Conducting an audit
- Audit review
The eLearning version of the course consists of two separate modules: FSSC v5 Introduction and FSSC v5 Internal Auditor. It is designed for experienced food safety professionals with an understanding of the management systems approach to food safety.
Course duration: 2 days or 105 minutes
Delivery methodology: face to face or eLearning
Accreditation: FSSC 22000
The trusted FSSC 22000 v5 internal auditor training course from a world leader in corporate training
As the world leader in professional training, we offer you unrivaled experience and a global network of qualified professionals with extensive expertise in the latest practices. SGS Academy is present in more than 45 countries and trains more than 200,000 professionals worldwide.
To find out more about our FSSC 22000 v5 internal auditor training course, or to book your training, contact us today.